This is a part-time position, 16-32 hours per week. Weekends mandatory, occasional work during the week may be available. Candidates must have exceptional customer service skills and enjoy working with the public, with the ability to intelligently share wine knowledge, encourage sales and wine club membership, and create memorable experiences for our visitors.
- Welcoming guests and consistently providing an exceptional experience that is educational, engaging and positive.
- Being comfortable in public speaking and leading tastings for small to medium sized groups.
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and presentation of the wine shop and winery premises.
- Duties may also include packing and shipping wine orders, off-site tasting events and other winery opportunities.
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
- Passionate about the Ontario wine industry and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multi-tasking successfully.
- Great communication skills with demonstrated skills of tact and diplomacy when dealing with a diverse group of wine enthusiasts and visitors.
- Physically fit to meet the position’s requirements of standing for long periods, lifting up to 40lbs and comfortable with working indoors and out.
- Experience working closely and positively with people, preferably in the wine or hospitality industry.
- Of legal age to serve alcohol in Ontario and is Smart Serve Certified.
Motivated applicants are welcome to apply in person Weekdays; Wednesday-Friday 11am - 5pm.
Apply to: Dave Servos, Retail Sales Manager
The successful candidate will work under the direction of the Winemaker/ Assistant Winemaker. The candidate will have the opportunity to experience winemaking with numerous varietals include one of Canada’s oldest planting of Syrah. The role will involve assisting in all aspects of cellar work such as rackings, additions, filtrations, barrel work, and maintaining cellar cleanliness. During harvest duties will expand to include receiving and processing grapes, juice rackings and inoculations, red fermentation cap management and pressing. Candidates must able to legally work in Canada (citizenship or permanent resident).
- Pervious cellar experience and familiarity with winery equipment
- Education in oenology is a plus
- Forklift training/license is a plus
- Great communication skills
- Highly motivated and have a strong work ethic
- Can work well in a team
- Motivated and passionate about making high quality wine
- Able to lift 25kg and able to work at heights
- Willing to work extended hours during harvest
Job description & responsibilities:
- Cleaning and sterilizing winery equipment and tanks
- Racking, blending, filtering wine
- Carrying out various additions/finings
- Filling, racking, topping barrels
- Complete work orders with minimal supervision, and/or to work closely and professionally with other team members
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized cellar
- Ability to work within the standard operating procedures established in our cellar
Motivated applicants are welcome to apply in person Weekdays; Tuesday-Thursday 11am - 5pm.
Apply to: John Tummon, Head Winemaker